As a contracting professional, in order to perform various tasks you will be required to access a number of systems in order to successfully perform your job duties.
To Do List:
Federal Acquisition Institute Cornerstone onDemand (FAI CSOD)
FAI CSOD is the government-wide acquisition workforce career management system. You can browse for learning opportunities, view your in-process and completed training, get certificates and find certification information.
- Create a FAI CSOD Account.
- Watch the Welcome Video and Training Guides and Videos.
SAM.gov is the official registration portal for all entities that wish to do business with the Federal Government. It is also where Contracting Opportunities, Wage Determinations, and Exclusions (suspension and debarments) and FPDS reports can be found.
- Create a SAM.gov account and become familiar with the site.
The Acquisition Gateway
The Acquisition Gateway is a workspace for acquisition professionals and federal buyers to connect with resources, tools and each other to improve acquisition government-wide.
- View the Acquisition Gateway Welcome Video and spend some time getting familiar with the types of community discussions, tools, resources, tutorials that are available on the Gateway.
- Browse the Acquisition Gateway tutorials which includes numerous step by step guides and video resources to learn how to use the different available to you on the Acquisition Gateway.
- Once you are logged-in to the Acquisition Gateway, join the OFPP Project InReach Group to be connected to the Office of Federal Procurement Policy. Get familiar with the group and what policy and tools are offered on the site.
- Search for and join other Acquisition Gateway Community Groups that interest you.
Acquisition Open Opportunities
- Sign up for an account through Acquisition Open Opportunities which is a website where you can gain experience with hands-on training, share your expertise and work with others across the government.
Where in Federal Contracting? (WIFCON)
WIFCON is a website that provides quick access to acquisition information such as contracting laws and pending legislation, current and proposed regulations, guidance, courts and boards of contract appeals, bid protest decisions, contracting newsletters, and selected analysis of federal acquisition issues. Note: The discussion forums in WIFCON are not in and of themselves official interpretations of FAR requirements, and that contracting controversies should be brought to agency contracting management and legal counsel for final interpretation, rather than attempting to rely on the WIFCON discussion forums.
- Browse the website to become familiar with the information that is available.
Virtual Acquisition Office (VAO)
The VAO is a commercial tool that contains a wealth of information and training for acquisition professionals, however, a paid subscription is required to log-in.
- Find out if your agency has a VAO subscription and, if so, register for an account. Browse the website to become familiar with the information and publications that are available.
Contract Writing System
- Each agency has a different Contract Writing System that is used to create contract solicitations. Ask your supervisor which system your agency uses and, if possible, sign up for a user account and sign up for system’s training if available.